Wildly Interesting Books

  • Adam's Task by Vicki Hearne
  • Anything by Colin Cotterill
  • Auguries of Innocence by Patti Smith
  • Big Box Swindle by Stacy Mitchell
  • Darwin: A Life in Poems by Ruth Padel
  • Gehry Draws
  • Human Smoke by Nicholson Baker
  • Out of Our Heads by Ava Noe
  • Stylepedia: A Guide to Graphic Design, Mannerisms, Quirks and Conceits
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larrson
  • The God of Small Things by Arundahti Roy
  • The Long Fall by Walter Mosely
  • The Martin Beck Series by Maj Sjowall and Per Waloo
  • The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
  • The Wrecking Crew by Thomas Frank
  • Vermeeer in Bosnia by Lawrence Weschler

Friday, April 13, 2012

Iced Coffee Season 2012

Some people are telling me to shut up and enjoy the weather. Okay, so there are a couple of things wrong with that. One is that I never, ever enjoy it being 90 degrees--that's just me. Two is that there is no contradiction between enjoying the weather and knowing that the planet is about to catch fire and burn every living thing off the surface of it...real soon.
So anyway, I opened Iced Coffee Season in March. Just now catching up on this sorely neglected blog thing. By 'catching up' I mean that I read some old posts this morning and cackled at my own stuff. Sad.

Then I started reading my dog's blog www.airedalecrimespree.blogspot.com and cackled some more. Everyone knows I'm avoiding creating the hyperlinks in the newsletter. True, because it says so on Facebook. I'm going to go make a large poster now.

No comments: