Wildly Interesting Books

  • Adam's Task by Vicki Hearne
  • Anything by Colin Cotterill
  • Auguries of Innocence by Patti Smith
  • Big Box Swindle by Stacy Mitchell
  • Darwin: A Life in Poems by Ruth Padel
  • Gehry Draws
  • Human Smoke by Nicholson Baker
  • Out of Our Heads by Ava Noe
  • Stylepedia: A Guide to Graphic Design, Mannerisms, Quirks and Conceits
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larrson
  • The God of Small Things by Arundahti Roy
  • The Long Fall by Walter Mosely
  • The Martin Beck Series by Maj Sjowall and Per Waloo
  • The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
  • The Wrecking Crew by Thomas Frank
  • Vermeeer in Bosnia by Lawrence Weschler

Friday, October 19, 2007

Kirk Davis's Amazon Reviews

I died laughing. According to Kirk, all this was done during a year of unemployment. See 'em all at the link below.

Reviews on Amazon by Kirk Davis

Here's just one example:

Mauviel Copper 8-Inch Egg White Bowl with Ring
Price: $54.00
Availability: In Stock
4 used & new from $54.00






1 of 11 people found the following review helpful: (I really, really want to know who found this review helpful-Jeanne)

At first I was very frustrated by the fact that this bowl had a perfectly round bottom and wouldn't sit on my countertop. Then: I got an idea. "Buy a second bowl!" I thought. Now I just put ingredients in one of the bowls and duct tape the other bowl so that the two combine to make a complete sphere. Then my kids and I kick the "ball" around in the back yard until we feel like getting back to the kitchen. By then, egg-whites will be beaten, ingredients blended, etc. etc. And by the time my boys reach college, they'll be certain to get scholarships for their soccer prowess. Oh, who am I kidding. Jacob can't kick his way out of a paper bag. Still, good times.

3 comments:

Jim Calandrillo said...

Thank you, Kirk, for your insightful comments, whether about bowls, bowels, or Ann Coulter. I have ordered all of the books that you have reviewed, based upon your reviews. I am now broke. Do you think you could review the book "Nickled and Dimed"? and then recommend that we don't purchase it? Maybe you could go a little easier on the star ratings. I'm a sucker for multiple stars placed next to a book title.
Thank you.

Jim Calandrillo said...

this is so timely, that i have mentioned it on my blog site, La Perduta Gente. This Kirk is amazing.

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching for that exact brand. The prices for the sneakers are around 250 bucks on every site. But for all I base this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what do you think?