It was everything you ever wanted in a pumpkin carving marathon. First of all...there was actual pumpkin carving. Go figure. Here are some examples.
Above right you see Santiago's excellent Bat Pumpkin. Below left you see Geoff and Fionna's Pumpkins. What happened to Geoff's pumpkin (right)?
And there was food. What a spread! And then there were hours and hours of fun as Geoff and I tried to take a picture of Kirk's fish, Larry. We have simply dozens of photos of Larry streaking by in his bowl. Here's one of the better ones.
See the utterly striped Larry trying to streak by without being captured. Close up below. Jig's up, Larry.
Wildly Interesting Books
- Adam's Task by Vicki Hearne
- Anything by Colin Cotterill
- Auguries of Innocence by Patti Smith
- Big Box Swindle by Stacy Mitchell
- Darwin: A Life in Poems by Ruth Padel
- Gehry Draws
- Human Smoke by Nicholson Baker
- Out of Our Heads by Ava Noe
- Stylepedia: A Guide to Graphic Design, Mannerisms, Quirks and Conceits
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larrson
- The God of Small Things by Arundahti Roy
- The Long Fall by Walter Mosely
- The Martin Beck Series by Maj Sjowall and Per Waloo
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
- The Wrecking Crew by Thomas Frank
- Vermeeer in Bosnia by Lawrence Weschler